Parenthood is exciting for both mother and father. If you are a new dad and equally excited to bond strongly with your newborn as the mother, ensure you read this content till the end. We have disclosed some of the most incredible benefits of bonding with your baby and how you can make the most of your fatherhood.
Importance of Father-Baby Bonding
While a strong bond between mothers and their infants is critical, fathers should also take the time to bond with their babies.
Various research indicates that the entire family’s well-being is strongly correlated with the development of early father-infant bonds. It greatly supports the brain’s release of hormones and chemicals that promote the rapid brain development of the baby.
Additionally, bonding nurtures the healthy development of your baby’s body, the formation of connections between brain cells vital to learning, and the improvement of your baby’s sense of identity and coping mechanisms for emotional distress.
Benefits of strong father-child bonding
According to research, fathers who spend more time with their newborns and build a strong connection with them right away enjoy a range of benefits.
- When the father of the baby plays with him from the initial stages, their mental and physical growth is significantly improved, as compared to children without the father’s involvement.
- When you spend more time with your newborn or toddler, you will experience a reduced level of stress and feel more confident.
- In fact, by building a reliable relationship with the baby, fathers can fight off later-life issues like depression.
- Besides, children who spend more time with their fathers are likely more capable of handling their stress during adulthood.
- Children who interact more with their parents, especially their father, from an early age are more likely to succeed academically, can make a great bond with their classmates, and do not attempt any crime or be involved with drug abuse or alcohol.
Parents should be aware of these significant major benefits of getting involved with their newborns — especially those who consider that their level of involvement with their infants does not matter much.
Bonding with Baby: Approach and Practice
With time, you may discover that more and more fathers are well-involved with their newborns and enjoying great fatherhood. So, if you are also willing to build a great bonding with your infant but wondering how to start, follow the below-mentioned processes.
- Be more involved in the labour and delivery process.
- Try to feed your baby more often, as handling the feeding process in the middle of the night and changing the diaper helps babies grow a bond with their fathers.
- Sing a lullaby or read stories to your infant.
- Shop toxin free baby wears online for your newborn.
- Bathing your baby will strengthen your relationship with them and offer a multisensory learning opportunity.
- Set up a bedtime routine. Infants will gradually depend on a routine’s regularity and predictability at night.
- Emulate the infant’s movements.
- Carry the baby along with you when doing everyday things.
Bonding with your infant is a complex, private, and memorable experience that needs time. There is no rocket science or magic formula to build a strong relationship with a baby — or it cannot be forced on someone.
As a father, you must understand your baby’s basic needs and comfort zone to make the most of your fatherhood. And to smoothen this journey, Sprog brings you a series of ultra-comfort newborn clothing essentials for your baby’s peaceful nights and playful days.
Being the ultimate destination for baby shopping online, our agenda is to provide eco-friendly, baby skin-friendly, comfortable clothing for all occasions. We make shopping for babies easy to make new fathers feel more confident and experience fantastic fatherhood.